At Boughton Monchelsea Primary, we are committed to securing and sustaining effective teaching and learning throughout our school. We believe that setting consistently high expectations and offering high quality provision are key to ensuring excellent pupil attainment and progress, and that this is the responsibility of all members of the school community.
We aim to equip children with the skills, knowledge and understanding to help them lead rewarding and fulfilling lives. We want them to develop enquiring minds and a desire to learn, which they will take with them throughout their lives.
We seek to put the child at the heart of the learning process and to provide a safe, secure and stimulating learning environment. We are vigilant to ensure that all pupils are improving their skills, knowledge and understanding across all lessons and activities and seek to avoid tasks which involve unnecessary repetition or low levels of challenge.
We want our children to be:
- Independent, confident learners who collaborate effectively with each other
- Imaginative and creative in all areas of the curriculum
- Conscientious, reflective and resilient, understanding that success is achieved through dedication and perseverance
We believe that children learn best when
- They feel happy, comfortable and safe
- Their confidence and self-esteem are high and they enjoy positive, trusting relationships with adults and peers
- They are challenged, encouraged and supported by peers and adults
- Adults and other children provide good role models as learners and members of the community
- The learning environment is stimulating and well resourced
- Teaching is purposeful, positive, well-paced, varied and stimulating
- Teaching interventions are timely, and targeted at the appropriate level of need